Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Negativeville Population: 1

Lately I spend a lot of time in Negativeville. You know you're in this town when you can't see the good in anything. Everyone pi$$e$ you off. You know that nothing will ever turn out right in your life again. I must fight my way outta this town! I have gotta create some positivity that can lead me back to Normal. I am really struggling to stay positive about everything. Having faith that the adoption will work out if I am patient enough. Trying not to worry over negative television and radio coverage regarding adoptions. Trying not to let work keep me awake at night. Laboring to remember that I have to take care of myself through proper diet and excercise (not going so well BTW). Dealing with being a military wife and all the stuff that goes with that. Missing home, family and friends. Honestly, the "poor me" list could go on forever. So, here is a conscious effort to remember some good things. Perhaps I can sleep better tonight if I try to fall asleep counting these wonderful things instead of making a mental list of all that I have to do in the morning. Here goes:

Numbers 1 and 2 in no particular order-My Niece and Nephew!Could those cheeks be any pudgier?




3. My awesome husband-I love watching him "practice" with other people's kids!


4. My HUGE puppy, ok she's 9 I guess she's not a puppy anymore!



5. Ducklings, seriously, who doesn't love ducklings?



and there's bellydancing, good friends, red wine, dark chocolate, Gee, maybe I CAN make it through another couple of days. Anyone else looking for "Normalville"? I'm trying to find my way....

6 comments:

hazel said...

Normalville? Where dat?

Kid pictures go a long way to making a person feel good, don't they! I would also add rice pudding to your list - I just made a batch tonight and am considering heading back for bowl #2. Thighs be damned.

Stephanie said...

Ooooo, rice pudding-that's good. Never tried to make it, I'll add that to my "to do's" for Spring Break!

Ranavan said...

I lived in normal if a while - it boring there - crazytown is better - much better than Negativeville - come on over for tea sometime - Haze is bringing her rice pudding!

Ranavan said...

oh see crazy town makes it so I don't use grammar they way they do in normal town.

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Oh yes, I spent several years in negativeville. I wonder if we occupied the same residence??

But then you leave, move over to referralville, followed by courtville and then travelville. Personally I'm enjoying the last ville I've been in!

Stephanie said...

You ladies are a riot! I had a good laugh over all of your wonderful comments. Thanks for the support!