Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bummed...

Don't know why but I am feeling so bummed today about the whole process. For some reason it feels like the adoption process is unending with fun dashes of terror about all the different things that can go wrong with the process. I feel terrible because sometimes I think its not worth it- all of the stress and waiting. Maybe it would just be easier to give up altogether. I mean we have a pretty awesome life with just the two of us.

But then I see a Mom with her children at the mall, or at the school and I think, I WANT THAT!!! That relationship, the love, even the cruddy times (sick kids, crabby, etc).

I don't know, I guess I am just confused.


Bummer...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard not to get bummed when you've been waiting so long! Hold on, no turning back now, your dream of a family will come true!

K_I_T_ said...

I felt the same way when waiting for a referral. Keep hangin in there, the addition of children will totally earse all the stress that you are feeling now. Keep pluggin along, and it will come. Hopefully sooner than later, but regardless, it will come..

Ranavan said...

You have feel bummed in order to really enjoy the good things in life...at least that is what I tell myself.

Two is fun but just imagine three!

Anonymous said...

Adoption builds resilience, balls of steel, and the ability to tap into resources most of us never knew we had in us. That's part of the good stuff. The bad stuff includes the fatigue, stress, and anxiety for LONG periods of time.

You've come so far and waited so long - no wonder you're bummed. Add that it is January (blech!), plus there is a lot of tough stuff happening in the adoption community right now and not enough good news. None of that helps. But it will swing around as it always does and you will feel renewed and happier.

You're in the belly of a nasty wait right now, but you are working your way to the light at the end of the tunnel.

We are all here for you to vent to anytime.

hugs,
hazel

Jennifer said...

AMEN sista!
I'm right there with yah!

Janice said...

Sorru to hear you are feeling this way.
Don't give up... Keep hoping and waiting and one day you will have a little one to hold in your arms and love more than anything.