Thursday, February 25, 2010

Question For Those in the Know

I don't want to call the agency and bug them right now so can anyone tell me if timelines are faster or slower for those families requesting singleton's instead of siblings? Most people whose blogs I read lately seem to be requesting sibs and I am a little freaked out by some of the timelines I am hearing about. As my beloved husband and I approach 20 months DTC we are trying to figure out some kind of timeline...I thought I had it all figured out but..............I am just not sure anymore. If it helps our basic requests were: infant to age 3, either sex.

I had been hoping for a June referral which would be around the 23rd month of waiting. Am I setting myself up for utter disappointment? Should I just tell myself (and all of the eagerly awaiting extended family) not to hope for anything until Septemberish (26 months?)


HELP I am slowly losing my mind (as each month passes)!!!!

4 comments:

Curly Mama said...

I have heard that the wait for single children is much shorter then siblings...so I think you should hear something by June!
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Kirsten said...

Hi!

I talked to CAFAC a few weeks ago about timelines for single infant requests. At the time they felt that it was still around 19 - 21 months wait for couples open to gender. I think because you are open up to age 3 that you would definately fall in that timeline as you are even more open than those asking for children under 18 months, under 12 months, under 6 months. Ofcourse, everything can change quickly and this is process isn't like an assembly line. There is no set rule about what age of child/gender of child will come into care. I can't wait until you get your referral because we are just a few months behind you in the wait.

K

Anonymous said...

I have 2 girlfriends that are into the 23rd month range and still nothing...babies under 12 months...and they were "told" probably 26 or so. I hate telling you that, it's so gross. But once again, every family is different, request specifics are different, so LORD I hope you don't have to wait that long!!!

Connie said...

Seems for a while there CAFAC was saying sibling requests were taking longer than single children. But it seems now that both are taking equally long, but don't quote me on that... it's just what I've noticed. But things are changing constantly. What's happening this week, could change entirely by next week.