Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm Proud of This But Still Tough to Post About

So I am coming fully outta the closet about my weight loss. I hit rock bottom due to massive comfort eating over the adoption and topped out at almost 300lbs last summer folks.


Pause for the shock effect.

I have made a comback in the last 6 months due to my own desire to be fit, my husband unfailing support (he truly is amazing and thought I was beautiful anyway)
and the combined effort of my success on the LA Weight Loss plan and my excercising with Zumba 3+ times per week I have gone from this....




to this


in 6 months.

I have lost 21.5 inches. 11 of them just since January! I feel great, my husband took me out and bought me a celebratory workout outfit that will stay up now! the others kept falling off my hips! I think i even look happier in some of these later photos.

Obviously I still have a ways to go but I want to celebrate anyway. Oh, and forgive the no makeup/glasses/etc in the after-it had been a long day. I have actually lost more inches even since these photos. My waist went from 42 to 36 inches, my hips from 53 to 44 and my bust from 51 to 46.

I just felt the need to share...maybe someone out there will see that this is possible and feel motivated to begin their own journey to a happier existence.

17 comments:

Tammy said...

You look fantastic! Congratulations! :)

Leanne said...

I usually read on google so seldom comment but I had to pop over and say WOW!!!! Way to go! You look awesome - I can't believe all that you have accomplished in 6 months!

Carey said...

Congratulations, you look great and way to go with the commitment to feeling Fit!!! I am on the same path, and have been down the path of stress eating with the adoption too. You have given me even more motivation.

Thanks

Carey

Allison said...

Congratulations on your amazing journey! You are such a beautiful woman. I remember meeting you at the Cafac seminar and thinking you are someone who I would like to know because you are so full of life and love. Thanks for having the courage to tell your story. You have motivated me and I know you will encourage and motivate many more. Oh the dreaded adoption wait pounds...sigh...none of my books talk about that. Cheering you on - Allison

Brendan and Mary said...

You are just gorgeous!!!! Congratulations! I am so glad you shared those pictures because you have every right to be proud yourself :) That is amazing!

Mary

Carolyn said...

You rock girl!!! You look awesome! Job well done! You should be so proud of yourself- keep up the great work!


Carolyn

Ranavan said...

You look absolutely fantastic!!

I am glad you are sharing your story - we all need inspiration from others and you have inspired me to believe in a my goals and to work hard to accomplish them!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing progress in 6 months!

lyndsey said...

WOWZAAaaaa Good for you!!! That is amazing, and NOT an easy accomplishment! You should be sooo proud of yourself.

You look incredible.

lynds

The Hattons... said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations on your health. You look amazing.

and Kudos to your hubby for being so supportive and knowing you're always beautiful.

Kirsten said...

You go girl! What an amazing accomplishment!!!

Kirsten

Jennifer said...

You have me in tears here! I feel the exact same way (well...your 'before'), I'm tipping the scale close to your before, and have just felt really down. Honestly, this adoption process has been so stressful! You are an inspiration for me to dust off the workout DVD's and Elliptical sitting in the corner. Thanks!

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

you look beautiful! congrats!

Melissa said...

Stephanie, you are beautiful as always. Great job! And I'm still looking forward to those Zumba videos you're working on :-)

Sherri said...

You are an inspiration and you look so beautiful - way to go!!

Why is it that we live so close and still have not met - we must change that soon!

Congrats again!
Sherri

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs! I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! Hard work and determination girl, and you look FAB! Keep up the great work :)

Gwen said...

Hey, I know this is an old post, but it's really inspiring to me! I've just started running (after a year of adoption-related bingeing) and although it's really tough, I'm feeling better all the time. You look fantastic, and yes, I noticed that you look happier and more relaxed in the "after" photos. Well done!

Gwen (found you from Sarah's blogroll)

ps - CONGRATULATIONS! on your referral!!!