Monday, November 24, 2008

Going Home for the Holidays




I am counting down to the 21st! I can't wait to head to Grandma's and Grandpa's for the holidays. There is something special about being with family for Christmas. My parents are driving over from WY, my uncle will be there-this is going to be great!

Part of my heart will of course be in Ethiopia, but I know enough not to wish for a Christmas baby for '08. We have only been "waiting" for 4+ months and to be honest I don't expect to have my baby home for Christmas '09 either- but you can bet I DO expect have a referral by then. Sooooo, one more Christmas of guessing who my baby is. Then a second Christmas holding a photo and praying for court dates.

Something tells me I will be doing a lot of drinking over the holidays. :)

I must remember to focus on the positive things that are happening in the NOW! I WILL enjoy my family at Christmas.

2 comments:

hazel said...

That's the spirit!! (and yes, lots of the Xmas "spirits" too - can't hurt, yuk yuk yuk!)

Ranavan said...

Great attitude and hello is that picture really where you are having Christmas - so pretty!!!!

Cheers to lots of bevies during the holiday season! I am thinking Mojitos this year - not very christmassy but tastes oh so good!

Rana