Monday, December 1, 2008

Crazy Christmas Pageant Time!

I am soooo pumped about this years Christmas performance. My kiddos are going to sing/sign Silent Night. Yes this has been done before, but I am putting a few twists into it. We will sing one verse with hands behind backs, regular lighting, piano etc. students all dressed in black. Then, we switch lighting to black lights, hands come out covered in white gloves and we sign the rest in absolute silence. In the clip it shows a choir doing it in silence and it is soooo powerful. I can just imagine how it will look with the dramatic effects of lighting and costumes! Plus, I was able to book a wonderful community member who is an ASL interpreter to get us started!



The next weeks should really fly by! I hope everyone is feeling excited and hopeful about the holidays. Remember- this is the time of year when anything can happen!

2 comments:

hazel said...

What a wonderful idea. Will you be able to record the performance and post it for us readers to watch?

Stephanie said...

I am looking into that. I just have to be careful about not showing faces. I think if I focused on the arm and hand movement I should be able to!