Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yeah the final stage!

What a miracle, we have been informed that our docs are being sent to Nairobi for VISA processing!!!!! woot woot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There have been so many stages of waiting during this process, its a little unreal that we only have one more waiting stage to go and it should be relatively short. I hear a variety of timelines, but the most consistent thought at the moment seems to be 12-16 weeks until the VISA is issued. I would be over the moon to have our son home before CHristmas, before his first birthday in January, and hopefully before my sister-in- law gives birth!

I love my in-laws desperately, they are sweet wonderful people but its just a matter of principle that we- who have been trying for YEARS- should get to bring our child into the family first. "She who got pregnant on her honeymoon" (my affectionate term for the SIL), after a 3rd degree sunburn, jelly fish sting, and broken leg (yes she still managed to get pregnant)is due in the first week of January. Come on VISA people-don't let me down!

Don't hate me people, I am just one crazy Momma who has waited forever to know the face of her son.

5 comments:

CinnamonOpus said...

Great news! Fingers crossed that your docs are processed as quick as can be, and that you have the best Christmas present ever. Heck, why not the best Thanksgiving present ever?

Ramona said...

Wow- this is almost unheard of to get through court and doc to N so quickly- well quickly on this journey! Come on visas! This last wait feels unending... but it does happen!

Ramona

Connie said...

Great news! Hope your visa is processed quickly!

emily said...

This is such awesome news! I'm sure it will be here before Christmas! Congrats on reaching this point, you are SO freakin' close!

hazel said...

LOL! With love, I hope you beat your SIL to the finish line, too ;-)

Congrats on the speedy movement!