Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crisis Averted-I Get to go to Ethiopia!

Oy, I am so sick of immigration issues, if it's not our sons, its mine.  Good news, I figured out a way to make it work.  Because my PRV travel document expired (a week ago-and it takes a YEAR to renew!) I cannot come back in to Canada via airplane (at least not without major hassle). BUT, we figured out that since I am a US citizen I can fly out with Big Bear, spend the week in Ethiopia with BB & LB, fly out of Ethiopia, and into Dubai with them.  Then, Big Bear and Little Bear will fly back via a Canadian route, I will fly back a US route and then drive across the border.  Seriously, a weird system we have here but its going to work.  Most importantly I get the go to Ethiopia and revel in the joy of my son, and soak in Ethiopia. 

I cannot tell you how crushed I was to think I would have to miss the trip. 

So, we leave in 11 days.  11, I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has changed so much:

Referal at 3 mos.                                     Update at 6 months                                 Update at 11 months



8 comments:

Allison said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! Allison :-)

Brendan and Mary said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky Avella said...

So happy for you!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of you holding your son.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a route! But who cares you'll have your son and you'll be all home together SOON!!

Leah said...

I have been following your story and am so happy that the visa has come in AND that you get to share in the experience. Safe travels!

Tammy said...

Awesome! I kept coming onto your blog yesterday trying to ask you if you got anything sorted out yet, you've been on my mind, but it kept saying the blog didn't exist. Grrr. Anyways, I was happy to see your post today and I am so thrilled for you that you will be able to travel to E. !!!! Fantastic!

Jody said...

Hello

Have a great trip to your son!!

p.s. I need your email address in order to invite you - if you would still like to follow. Email me at: djvriend (at) telusplanet . net

Jody

Ramona said...

Little bear is a cutie! Now go bring him home! Crazy flights, but it'll be so worth it!