Friday, July 24, 2009

How to Escape the Baby Waiting Blues....Buy a House!

Yes folks that's right we have bought our first home. It takes me 20 seconds to walk from my front door to the edge of the lake! This house is a "minor" fixer upper, needs the bathroom overhauled, new flooring, some paint and then we are good to go! We hadn't intended to buy until after the baby was home but sheesh that's been taking so long we actually were able to manage this. The main floor is around 1400 sq. ft plus about 600-700 sq.ft. of basement. 3 bedrooms, 1 bath...and did I mention the lake :)? yes, I am in love with my home.

I was looking for a project to keep me busy in the coming months-guess I found it!

This is our view of the marina from the front yard, looking up the street.


This is our lake view from the driveway/yard.



The yucky bathroom.



Basement, also to be redone-but not until winter.


The kitchen is small but functional.




Looking into the masterbedroom-you can see the "ensuite office".



Our open concept living/dining rooms which I love!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Great location, view and bones. I'm envious! The upside... baby will come home (I still believe!) to a lovely, hopefully finished home. What a great place to grow up!
Congratulations!

Sherri said...

Nice! I think I know where this is?!?! but maybe not.. looks lovely!!!
Sherri

Ranavan said...

Wow, the view of the lake is fantastic!!!

Looks like a lovely new home...can't wait to see photos of how you make it your own.

Carolyn said...

Wow- congrats!!! That is awesome and I think it will keep you busy and help pass the time! What a beautiful view! I am looking forward to the before and afters!


Carolyn

sharon said...

Looks fantastic!

I would love a view of a lake, this is gorgeous.

Yes, this is sure to help as you wait!

Melissa said...

Yaay! There are few things more fun (and time consuming) than fixing up a new home. My favorite part is the painting. There are so many fun things you can do with a wall these days! E-mail me if you need any faux painting help or have color decisions to make. I painted every wall in our house and it was time to sell or I was going to start on the ceilings! Congrats on the new home!

Melissa said...

Not to be confused with 'Melissa' #1. :-D

hazel said...

A new car AND a new house? On a lake?? CONGRATULATIONS. I love your lake view. Have fun making the house your own. And what a great way to pass the time as you wait for your referral. Please share pictures of the reno'd bathroom when you're done.

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

That will certainly divert your attention! What a lovely house and location! Congrats:o)

Kirsten said...

Wow! You picked a great house for your first home....I am a little ashamed of our first home now. It has so much potential and once you make it your own it will be great. Especially the lake....wow!!!!!


Kirsten