Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hurry Up and wait ...again

So we are likely not getting that Christmas baby present like we hoped. Currently looking more like a February baby???????? I was so furious, I am much calmer now-I know there is nothing that I can do about any of it-which makes me more frustrated-I HATE not being in control!!!

Here's the scoop:due to Little Bear's cold/ear infection the immigration Dr. woudn't sign off on the medical form for immigration. Ok, so no big deal, the Dr. says that if the chest x-ray comes back clear the medical will be signed and approved without seeing my babe again (same case for another adoptive family whose son shares the TH with our son). So, the x-rays come back a week later, totally clear-no problems at ALL....the Dr. signs off on the other little boy but does not sign off on Little Bear's medical- WTH???? Then, keep in mind my son has at this point presented as completely healthy...they put him in the hospital for 1 or 2 days (details unclear) shove a tube up his nose and down into his stomach to do a stomach secretions test......that will TAKE 8 WEEKS to get the results back. This is just to get the medical done...doesn't even count however many weeks immigration will need to sign off their approval afterwards.

I understand that Dr.'s are under a lot of pressure to ensure that all immigrants are clear of TB, what bothers me is the seemingly random nature of just picking Little Bear to be the medical version of an audit...yep, he's a TB audit. This just stinks and I am trying really hard to keep a cool face to my colleagues and local folks but the truth is that I am livid over this. How DARE they treat my perfectly healthy baby that way. I could understand doing the tests if there was something in the x-ray that was bothersome...but there was NOTHING wrong!!! Like my son needed that kind of trauma? At this rate we are going to miss his first birthday, seeing him crawl, there is just so much that we are missing it breaks my heart.


I need a hug...and chocolate...and wine....

7 comments:

Ramona said...

There is nothing that can make a mommy worry more then knowing her little one is or could be sick with them being away from you! And to know he got these invasive tests done without your consent or your being there knowing what's going on must be horrible! I'm sorry for another delay. I hate immigration delays and medicals and all that stuff. I'm sorry you are now dealing with this too!
Ramona

Brendan and Mary said...

This is heart-breaking and completely infuriating. I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how you're feeling right now. All I can say is that I will be thinking of you and little bear and hoping that you're surprised by some good news soon.

Take care, eat lots of chocolate, and drink lots of wine -

Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sad for you. This is cruel, to the babe and to you guys. Sending you virtual booze, chocolate and this:

(((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))

Melissa said...

That SUCKS! Sorry, Steph, nothing more to say.

Love you my friend!

~Missy

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for this latest set back. It seems like adoptive parents have zero control over what happens to their children until they are finally home.

Sherri said...

I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine how hard it is for you waiting right now.... I mean, obviously I kinda can, but not really... Please call if you'd like to get together - I'll definately drive your way !
Sherri Y

Janice said...

This is so frustrating for you guys and I'm so sorry to hear this. You're right, why bother with TB tests if everything was clear. It just seems so silly. Nothing is easy in this process. I hope he is in your arms soon. Until then, really enjoy that wine and chocolate... There's nothing better in these times, except a hug so I'm sending you one.