Saturday, March 5, 2011

Shhhhh There's a baby in the crib!

We made it back last night. Wonderful trip, loved Ethiopia, but happy to be back in my own bed.  Currently both of the men in my life are catching their zzzzz's, for some reason I am full of energy and am just running around trying to get settled into our house again. 

Biya is amazing!!! He has made incredible progress already in the strength in his legs-he will be walking in no time. I love his baby laugh,  and I kid you not calling him "Little Bear" was prophetic.  When he is happy he growls at us!!!  I swear he came that way on his own-it is so perfect and melts my heart.  I will try to capture it on video (as soon as I figure out how to get my computer to upload it all) I will post it.  Seriously its just about the funniest baby sound EVAH. 

So for now we are home, safe, and loving every minute.

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Aak! I can't believe you're already home! It feels like you just left. Hooray for having a baby in your arms!!! Perhaps you missed my announcement that I'll be living in St. Paul as of April 1 I hope when you and little bear are ready we can come say hello to the little fellow!

Tammy said...

Oh that's so wonderful! Seeing your post put the biggest smile on my face! Finally! Can't wait to read more of your trip and see more pics!

CinnamonOpus said...

Congratulations Mom and Dad and baby. Here's hoping you all settle into family life and get rested soon.

Connie said...

Congratulations!!! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

lindsmor said...

So exciting!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh!!! You look so HAPPY! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Aw. Welcome home.

Carolyn said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound! Can't wait to see more pics!


Carolyn

Debbie said...

Congratulations to the new Mommy and Daddy. Have fun getting to know your new little one.
Debbie.

Brendan and Mary said...

Welcome home! :) :) :)

hazel said...

Yipee!!! Welcome home and Welcome to Canada, Biya!

I am so happy for you guys to be home together.

Ranavan said...

Oh wow, Welcome home you family of 3!!!!

Having met Biya myself I can attest to just how darn cute he is!!!!

Ramona said...

Welcome home as a family of THREE!!! We drove through your town tonight on our way back from my parents and Paulos and Meski were very excited to hear that there would soon be another little Ethiopian around! I hadn't realized that you were already home! I so want to meet you guys after you've settled in.
Ramona

Jennifer said...

I'm soooo happy for you! He is so way too cute!--that purring thing sounds like the cutest!

emily said...

So great to see the three of you together!!! Congrats again. I'm so happy you are all safe at home with your growling little bear! He's adorable.

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

YAY! Awesome news! I am so happy to read this!!