Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First 5K in my life!

Yep, I did it, I was able to complete a 5K today for the first time ever in my life. I also decreased my time in the first 3 kilometers. I went from 6 to 9 repetitions of 1:3, only slowing to 1:4 in the last lap. It HURT LIKE HELL, and yet felt really great too-who knew!?! Am I joining the Olympic running team, no, but it felt like a massive victory for my chubby butt.

For inspiration, every time I think of quitting, I picture trying to squeeze into an airplane seat and sitting there (off and on) for 30 hours. Knowing that I want to be as comfortable as possible on the flight to get my little one is a huge motivator for me right now. My last plane trip was an excersize in humiliation. My hips were simply too wide for the chair. I kept "spreading" and my hips pushed the armrest of my seatmate up...so humiliating, and the guy was not polite about it. Honestly, I had bruises on my hips when the trip was over. I refuse to go through that again.

Additionally, my overall outlook on life has genuinely improved since I've been working out. Bart (DH) is loving my new attitude and comments positively on the improvements. He is very supportive of this venture of mine.

Tomorrow will be a recovery day but i look forward to my next big push!

1 comment:

Ricki said...

Way to go!!!
Ricki