Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wedding Pics....Four years later

I have never really posted pictures of my wedding. We didn't have a professional photographer, we chose at the time to use the money to fly in family. I don't regret it, but I've never really celebrated our pictures either. I have decided that it is time I did celebrate the "kickoff" of some of the most wonderful years of my life!
The Venue
Mom and Dad's backyard, spruced up with the help of good friends.





My little bro is actually having his side pinched by me while we take this "loving" photo. He kept teasing me about helping my husband-to-be find all the escape routes!



Lighting the unity candle, I quite like this picture actually.



It wasn't an expensive wedding but we were very happy. I am starting to think this one needs to be blown up and hung in the house.



Of course, no wedding of mine would have been comlete without belly dancers. My teacher had started a new group of tribal dancers and they performed for us. It was great because it was too hot for dancing otherwise.




3 comments:

hazel said...

The pictures are beautiful. Of course you should celebrate them. That cake looks to die for.

MissyL said...

OMG! You posted my butt on the net! j/k You had a beautiful, unique, and very HOT wedding. I recall that we couldn't put the candles out until the sun went down or the wax would melt. Ahhh...one of many great memories with my girlfriends.

By the way, I have your Good Wishes quilt as a reminder in my Outlook and it keeps popping up. I promise I will send you something before your kiddo arrives. (And I won't wait too long. Just know that when you get my square, your child will be arriving soon.) :-)

Stephanie said...

I always liked your bum! I will look forward to receiving your quilt piece- whenever it comes!