Thursday, January 15, 2009

My new best friend!


I have been concentrating a great deal on my own health and fitness- man does it take a lot of work to change lifelong habits! I want to be the best me I can be which includes being able to run up and down the stairs of my house without breathing hard. Pretty proud of myself though, I bought myself an elliptical and I LOVE it. I actually use it for its purpose- not just to hang stuff on-my DH is truly impressed!

I want to be the mom joggin' on the street with kiddo in the runner stroller. Yummy mummy for me! I just decided that if I have this year to wait for a referral (never sure if I spell that properly) I might as well use it to focus on improving myself. Goodness knows that once my bebe is home life will change and, while I can hardly wait for that change, might as well use my last year wisely! Take care of yourselves today, and don't forget to say something nice about your body when you look in the mirror ladies-its crucial to self image!!!

3 comments:

Ranavan said...

Great post! I too am trying to be more aware of eating healthy and working out!

You are right - we need to talk nicer to ourselves when we look in the mirror

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Good for you!! That was a goal of mine too, to be healthy and not be puffing getting my baby!!

Becky Avella said...

You are so smart to work on getting in shape while you wait. I did the opposite- I gained weight from the adoption stress. You'll be so much better able to enjoy your baby.

I just read your comment on my blog- Brrrrrr! I will take my fog over your temps. : ) Hope it warms up for you soon.

Also, I've wanted an elliptical for a long time. Would you mind telling me about the kind you got and if you would recommend it?

Have a great weekend!

: ) Becky