Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Back


Thank goodness for 2009! A new year, a new start. I have new found energy, motivation, and perspective!!! Getting to see my family over the holidays was a true blessing for me. I haven't spent Christmas with them in 6 years so this was very important to me. I think the greatest gift that I received was from my father. He and I sat and talked about the adoption in great depth. I shared my fears with him my hopes and we talked like we haven't talked in ... a really long time. I think I healed parts of me that I didn't know were broken.

Also, we are creeping up on 6 months waiting now, and I am fine with that. Every month that passes is another month of savings we can build, research we can read, and preparing our lives for the changes that a baby brings.

Peace is finally in my heart. It feels good.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Here's to 2009. Great uplifting post.

Ranavan said...

Great perspective for a New Year!!

hazel said...

I love your attitude and it's great to hear you had a wonderful family Christmas. I must say I am envious you were able to sit and talk with your father in that way. I'll bet it's a conversation you will both always remember and cherish. I would give anything for that opportunity.

YAY for 2009!!

Becky Avella said...

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas with your family. I can't wait to celebrate with you when the adoption is complete. I know the wait is so hard.

Becky Avella said...

P.S. Love your playlist. I've always loved Cat Stevens. My dad used to tuck us in at night with his guitar and we got to pick two songs each. He was a child of the 60's, so my bedtime songs were Cat Stevens "Moonshadow" and Rolling Stones "As Tears Go By" etc. I think I know more 60's/70's music than my own generation's music. : )