Friday, May 8, 2009

Plumbing Works Now????

Ok, might be going into the OVERSHARING phase here but I am truly stumped and confused and need help from and BTDT's. So I haven't had any "monthly visitors" in three years, in fact never had them at all without the aid of the birth control pill. Then, when we were going through all the fertility rigamaroll I was led to understand that I was essentially menopausal therefore no babies, no periods. Then guess what shows up yesterday?!?!?! So what does this mean? Do I need to go back to the Dr? Can that stuff change?

I am so completely comfortable with adopting at this point that I am almost afraid to go back to the Dr. Do I even want to know if having my own is possible??? I am feeling very conflicted, not to mention achy, crampy, bloated...I had forgotten how gross if feels at this time of the month blech!

Anyone out there have similar exsperiences? Should I be worried or just roll with it? Missy, if you are reading this I need your medical input!

4 comments:

Ramona said...

I have no medical advice or anything like that for you, but wanted to say I'm thinking of you as you struggle with what's up and try not to worry/wonder/question.... The journey to ones kids is tough- especially when we don't all fit the textbook cases...
Hugs as you wade through the emotions and all you are going through!
Ramona

Kirsten said...

I have polycystic ovaries and would go years with no trace of a period. Then out of no-where I would get one for no reason. There is a tie with PCO's and sugar intake and exercise(ie.insulin production). When I was first diagnosed the doctor said to follow a diabetic diet and exercise more (and he prescribed metformin - diabetes meds) and the "plumbing" started working again. Is it possible that the changes to your exercise routine may have triggered a hormonal change?
Kirsten

Sherri said...

Hmm.... I don't have any great suggestions however I just found out it's Women's Health Day tomorrow here and they are doing screening and checkups at the Town Center - wanna join me?!?! :)

Can't get in with my Dr until July so I'm going to go for an early Pap ....

Now that we're all in 'oversharing' mode :) Gotta have that sometimes!

Sherri

Stephanie said...

Hmmmmm that is a great idea Sherri! I'm going to see if I can get a sub.