Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lengthened Timelines...Again


What can I say... When we received the update this weekend that said our timelines have officially moved I was soooooo upset. 17-21 months are you kidding me? When we started we were at 9-15 months. Now its going to take at minimum 2 months longer than we had ever been told to expect??? The finish line keeps getting moved. It's not anyone's fault, things are just taking longer. For my family this means no news of referral until December at the EARLIEST (17 months) possibly nothing until May 2010 (21 months). And that's just for the referral (pictures/medical records). Then we get to wait another 4-9 months after that to pass court. At the momemt best case scenario means I could be home with a baby May 2010 worst case scenario puts us at nothing until early 2011. How much can a mothers heart take? I guess we are going to find out????

8 comments:

Ramona said...

I hear you! When we started it was a 2-6 months wait for referral... And now sitting at 19 months we are still waiting... That shirt summarizes the wait! Just remember, there are lots of us running the race with you!
Ramona

Ranavan said...

Yup, we were told to expect to wait 10 months....8 months past that and they are still telling us to wait some more.

The thing is...you have your bad days - really bad days - and then you pick yourself up and keep going.

You can do this!

Sherri said...

Uggghhhh - we don't get the updates anymore but we heard that as well and were so disheartened...

It stinks... I'm sorry...

Sherri

Kirsten said...

When we got the update for the extended deadlines...all I could think about was atleast another year full of family events where we would still be only the two of us. It is something so disheartening, yet there is nothing we can do but be patient and have faith that it will happen. I am just keeping busy any way that I can and trying not to focus on the timelines because they could very well change again (better or worse). Instead I focus on the end result and that warms my heart.
Kirsten

The Turgeon Expansion said...

You'll come through it! Focus on baby steps towards your baby...

Carolyn said...

You can do it! the prize at the end is SOOO worth it! But I hear ya- we were told about 6 months and we got a referral at 17.5 months. I hate how they seem to get longer every time you get an update.


Carolyn

Mrs. Frugal said...

That really sucks. I am sorry that you got such stinky news!

hazel said...

That shirt is PERFECT! The moving finish line was the hardest part of the referral wait for me. I could brace myself for the worst case scenario, but when that kept changing just as I reached it - I started to flip my gourd.

You'll be amazed how far your mother heart muscle can stretch. But I hope the timelines start to reverse course and you don't have to wait too much longer.