Friday, May 1, 2009

Things To Look Forward To

Right, I am soooo done with EVERYTHING. Impatient at work, frustrated, stressed. I find that I cry a LOT these days. SO much going on, baby stuff, dad's very sick (he's lost 110 pounds in the last 6-7 months), worried about finances with trying to save the last bits of adoption funds and travel money. I feel like for every step forward we take 3 backwards. I have to make it through 8 more weeks at work before summer break and it cannot come soon enough! I hate to just sit back and whine so I have come up with things to look forward to each weekend to keep my spirits up and help me get through.

Weekends:
May 2 In Dauphin for Act Fest!
May 9 Getting my nose pierced with some girlfriends
May 16 recuperating from oral surgery-ok not fun but it is something to do!
May 23 Sword dance performance
May 30 ???
June 6 ???
June 13 ???
June 20 ???
June 27 ???

I'm open to suggestions maybe I need another tattoo????? Sushi night???? Any ideas, how do you gals help yourselves through the endless weeks?

4 comments:

hazel said...

I hope you Dad gets better in a big hurry.

For me, a sushi night is a wonderful thing to look forward to. I always attempt to eat something I've never had before. And getting together with my girl friends is always a huge boost for me.

Hang in there.

Ranavan said...

Thinking of you and your dad - hope he is well soon.

There are definitely days when you find yourself crying A LOT!

I have found getting together with friends really helps...movies are a good 2 hour escape...if you can do it then travelling is good too...it has really helped us break up the wait...we would rather be travelling somewhere else though

and yes....a tattoo might work....it would be good to keep your mind busy designing something new. I am starting to think of what I want for my 3rd tattoo!

And if nothing else works - whine away - we are here to listen.

Carolyn said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad- hope that he gets better soon. I think having things to look forward to really helps pass the time. Shopping, maybe a pedicure or manicure- those are always fun things for me!


Carolyn

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

I notice you are lacking a massage in those plans. Perhaps a treat to a massage???