Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Book of Secrets


One of my students handed me a book today with a passage marked. He said to me, "Mrs. E., I thought of you when I saw this page and thought you might want to read it." The book is called Book of Secrets and the page he had marked is the secret of successful parenting. Here is what the book had to say:

Parents can only advise their children or point them in the right direction. Ultimately people shape their own characters. ~Anne Frank

There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you.~Peter DeVries

Children aren't happy without something to ignore, and that's what parents were created for. ~Ogden Nash, Poet

I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise the to do it. ~Harry S. Truman


Hmmmmmm, I wonder what message this child is trying to give me about being a parent? I THINK that knowing how I am waiting to be a Mom he was genuinely trying to help me out. Still, I thought it was pretty cute that he even took the time to share it with me.

No comments: