Thursday, June 18, 2009

OOOOO.....Ahhhhhh....IT's..... A Brand New Car!




For you non car people out there this is a 2009 Kia Sportage LX V6 Luxury model. Does it sound like I'm bragging??? Hellyaaaaa! I have NEVER bought new, and it felt soooo good! We don't get it until Friday because it hadn't even been taken out of the plastic yet!!! Ours is "Black Cherry" in colour with black leather interior and heated seats!

Now for those of you thinking this doesn't seem like much to get excited over you have to understand what I have been dealing with. All winter long I have driven my 1996 sedan (Chrysler Condorde) over snow packed gravel roads with one hand on the wheel and the other gripping an ice scraper; So that I can scrape the inside of the windshield when it is too hard to see out of. No matter what we did the heater just couldn't keep up with the cold. The seals were all shot so I literally froze EVERY SINGLE DAY on my way to work.

Of course with the kidlet on the way in the next year we also needed a bigger vehicle as I am pretty sure the kid won't want this on their lap:




OK, our girl is not quite that big but you get the idea! Now we have space for both of our loves!

Have a great day everyone, or not, the choice is yours.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

congrats! I got my first new car the day after my 30th and thought, maybe I should do this after every decade b-day. It is a good feeling.

The Turgeon Expansion said...

So nice!! Enjoy cruising in the nice a/c this summer! Hmm, can you eat ice cream in there yet??

hazel said...

Congratulations on your new car! I love it.

Enjoy that new car look and smell. Soon you won't even recognize the back seat for all the cheerios, stains, and crap. And the car seat. Yay!!

Nicole said...

Wow. Nice car! Congratulations and enjoy that familiar smell of a new car. For some reason, I'm kind of addicted to new car smell and I often find myself staying for longer hours inside some car dealerships. Indianapolis, Indiana residents have amazingly good taste in cars. Anyway, when buying a car and you want to get the best deal, be kind and befriend an auto dealer. Indianapolis, as this city has an interesting history.

Kerita said...

That must have been a wonderful transition! And I won't wonder if you're packing your garage tight to ensure maximum "shelf life" of your car! Anyway, congrats! That's a nice choice and color!

- Kerita Kantz