Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fuzzi Bunz and Going Environ "MENTAL"


I think that I have flipped. This former Diva of manicures,pedicures, $200 haircuts, and consumate clothes shopper type person that I once was is pretty much all gone. In the last few years I stopped doing all of that stuff (with the exception of the occasional pedi) to save money for our fabulous adoption. Which, by the way, was totally worth it-especially once I saw Little Bears' face!

Lately though a whole other "Earth Mothery" side is coming out. I mean, Big Bear and I had a whole "environmental impact of disposable diapers" conversation that led us to decide to go with cloth diapers...who knew that a little baby thousands of KM away would change the very nature of my conversations! I actually was excited to talk diapers, liners, wipey thingies, snot suckers.....which formally in my world was-"ewww gross" and in the last two weeks turned into "hmmm guess I need to practice".


So, thanks to my good friend Missy for getting us started down that conversational road. For the moment we are going with Fuzzi Bunz We loved the feel of these diapers, and while they are more of an investment up front after pricing the disposable diapers in the stores we are confident it is the more cost effective way to go for us. Also, I can still express my diva side through the awesome colour that this diaper comes in- what a great compromise :)!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay! I LOVE cloth diapers! We are trying out some Fuzzi Buns on Meghan so that she can hopefully wear cloth at daycare. The prefolds with covers are too un-userfriendly to our daycare provider (even though they're actually really easy, they're a bit intimidating at first). You can get some great deals on Fuzzi Buns right now because they're discontinuing some colors and bringing out new colors so a lot of the old colors are 15% off. Check out the diaperpin.com under their "sales and announcements" section to link to stores that have awesome deals each week.